Three Rivers Velo Sport Inc., located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, is a League of American Bicyclists and Adventure Cycling Association affiliated club, as well as a member of the Indiana Bicycle Coalition, USA Cycling, National Off Road Bicycling Association, International Mountain Bicycling Association and others.
Founded in 1969, we have grown from a handful to our present size of approximately 300 members.
Come ride with us!
You don't have to be a member to join our rides. But we hope that once you've ridden with us that you will see how much fun it is and will want to become a member and help us to support cycling in northeast Indiana. Visiting cyclists are always welcome.
Upcoming Events and News
These and other News items can be found by clicking on the News tab in the menu at the top of this page.
- Amy Copeland writes: "The National Bike Challenge is back again this year with an all new website, new sponsors, and a new way to log miles. The National Bike Challenge is a nationwide event uniting thousands of current bicyclists—and encouraging countless new riders. It is a free and easy way to challenge yourself, your colleagues and your community to ride more while competing on a local, state and national level. Read more...
- The April Time Trial results are now posted. See the results here...
- All are welcome Amy Copeland and Jennifer Altherr would like to welcome all to attend the first in what we plan to be a series of “destination” rides for the club this summer. All destination rides will lead us along trails and roads outside of the Fort Wayne area and to some new adventures. Read more...
- 3RVS is pleased to announce our official tour for April 30 is Ride RMHC, supporting the Ronald McDonald Charity House. The ride starts at 1:00 PM., registration at noon. Distance options 15/25/45/65 miles along with a family Greenway ride up to 14 miles. Complete details...
- Fort Wayne Cyclofemme will be held on Sunday, May 24, 2017. This event is part of Kickstart Fort Wayne, a month long celebration of bicycles, art, music and theater. Complete details....
- 3RVS is hosting a Time Trials again this year. The TT’s will be held once a month on Old 24E just east of HWY 101 by Woodburn. We will ride to Antwerp, Ohio and turn around at the 2nd Antwerp sign. We will have a Police officer at the turn around to stop traffic. We tried this last year and it worked out very well. This years TT’s will be on... Read more
- Three Rivers Velo Sport’s 49th Annual Opening Season Bicycle Tour, Sunday, April 2, 11:45 AM. Starts at Woodlan High School west parking lot. Three distance options 20/41/51 miles. Complete details here.
- Read Kymberly Byers's story about her first ride with Three Rivers Velo Sport: "I went to Kreager park, I was a few minutes early, but I was also tired of chickening out. I had checked the website and I knew that the group leader’s name was Deb Watts. I was so nervous that I almost left. As Deb pulled into the parking lot and started to unload her bicycle, I introduced myself and asked if... Read more...
- Here are the 2017 Three Rivers Velo Sport officers!
- It is membership renewal time! 3RVS memberships are valid from January1st to December 31st annually. If you have not already renewed for 2017... Read more
3RVS rides follow our Official Group Riding Guidelines. An abbreviated set of the Guidelines will be on the back side of the weekend ride maps. The complete, unabridged guidlines can be found under the Information tab above, or by clicking on this link.
If you need a map to the ride start locations, use your smartphone and follow the instructions on this page.
"Official club rides are rides originated by the Touring Director, the Off Road Director, the Racing Director or approved by a majority vote of the club officers. Official club rides shall be posted on the web page of Three Rivers Velo Sport, Inc. Only official club rides will bear the club name. They shall be conducted in accordance with club by-laws."
Monthly Club Meetings
Meetings, open to all, are held on the first Thursday of every month at 7:30 pm unless otherwise noted, at:
Allen County Public Library, meeting room B
900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne