Three Rivers Velo Sport Inc., located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, is a League of American Bicyclists and Adventure Cycling Association affiliated club, as well as a member of the Indiana Bicycle Coalition, USA Cycling, National Off Road Bicycling Association, International Mountain Bicycling Association and others.
Founded in 1969, we have grown from a handful to our present size of approximately 300 members.
Come ride with us!
You don't have to be a member to join our rides. But we hope that once you've ridden with us that you will see how much fun it is and will want to become a member and help us to support cycling in northeast Indiana. Visiting cyclists are always welcome.
Upcoming Events and News
These and other News items can be found by clicking on the News tab in the menu at the top of this page.
- Here are the 2017 Three Rivers Velo Sport officers!
- Patrick Stelte writes, "Every January, Three Rivers Velo Sport holds officer elections for the coming year. The terms for each of the nine offices is one year. With the club’s formation in 1969, five decades of club members have guided 3RVS and maintained continuity for cycling enthusiasts in our community. Good stewardship is not as glamorous as creating something new. Yet, without this kind of dedication, volunteer organizations crumble and fall away." Read more...
- It is membership renewal time! 3RVS memberships are valid from January1st to December 31st annually. If you have not already renewed for 2017... Read more
- Thanks to our 2016 Ride Leaders - Another riding season is in the books, and it's been a great one! Our rides owe their success in large part to the ride leaders who show up for each of the rides. They welcome riders... Read more
- Ride Report - Chicago Rail and Ride - by Jennifer Bryant Altherr - Yesterday four friends and I took the train to Chicago and back using Amtrak's walk on bike service. The Capital Limited train has a dedicated bike room with racks on the walls. When you buy your ticket you can opt to bring your bike for... Read more
- Ride Report - Lories Lakeshore Century - by Michael Heyes - The weather for the past couple of years for Lories Lakeshore Century has been marginal ( though very rideable ), but my friend Helen S. guaranteed Kathi and me that this year would be different. “Blue skies and tail winds”, she wrote. Good enough for me! Read more
3RVS rides follow our Official Group Riding Guidelines. An abbreviated set of the Guidelines will be on the back side of the weekend ride maps. The complete, unabridged guidlines can be found under the Information tab above, or by clicking on this link.
If you need a map to the ride start locations, use your smartphone and follow the instructions on this page.
"Official club rides are rides originated by the Touring Director, the Off Road Director, the Racing Director or approved by a majority vote of the club officers. Official club rides shall be posted on the web page of Three Rivers Velo Sport, Inc. Only official club rides will bear the club name. They shall be conducted in accordance with club by-laws."
Monthly Club Meetings
Meetings, open to all, are held on the first Thursday of every month at 7:30 pm unless otherwise noted, at:
Allen County Public Library, meeting room B
900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne